Thursday 6 October 2011

Mid week up cycling


I was really inspired by these great cafe table's, at Inside Out Cafe in the
Lanes Brighton., and of course Gaudi Parc Barcelona.
With the help of my "girls" we have recycled a few paving
slabs for the front garden, to use a stepping stones.
I went to my local tile shop and bought £10.00
worth of end of line tiles (20p) each, found some
left over tile adhesive and some left
over grout, also I have recycled a few Ikea
glass beads originally used
in flower vases.
 It was easy to break the tiles with a screwdriver and hammer, and spread the
adhesive over the tiles, during the recent warm weather they dried very
quickly.
 Again it was easy to grout, I used an old take away, carton lid, cut to shape
to spread the grout. When it was dry, I wiped over with an old cloth to remove
the excess grout.

2 comments:

  1. These tiles are gorgeous!!! Fab upcycling there. What do you plan to do with the tiles now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I thought they could be stepping stones in the front
    garden, between the plants.

    ReplyDelete