Friday 25 October 2013

Home made Christmas

My thoughts are turning to Christmas -
Christmas gifts to be more precise. Last year
I bought Mollie Makes christmas, I loved and
made the vintage stocking and the I pad cosy.
Both as gifts that were well received
(i think !) and I used the finger puppets
templates to make some hanging Christmas
tree decorations. There are lots
of craft ideas and inspiration in the book.
Also some knitting and crochet projects.
 The book would make a good
gift for someone that likes several
crafts as it has a couple of christmas
projects, for knitting, crochet, embroidery,
paper craft, rather than just sewing
projects, however if you do not knit
or crochet, they would not be enough
in the book the justify the 7.99 price
tag.

 If you are looking for a few Christmas
projects for your home or, to give as
gifts, I would recommend Prima
makes Christmas, which you can pick
up in the supermarket or  at a newsagents.
Priced at 3.99 its got an easy project for everyone,
Christmas stockings, christmas baubles, lots of
wrapping ideas! a guide to making your own
Christmas cards, the lovely crochet bunting
shown above, pop poms, christmas crackers
the list could go on and on. On the plus side
too you get to flick through the magazine
before you buy ! I am going to try the
vintage fairy lights made with transparent
plastic cups.............. I will report back !

No comments:

Post a Comment