Friday 4 February 2011

Pancake day has moved to March ...........

Busy sewing and listening to Fearne cotton on radio one,
when she mentioned that pancake day, Shrove Tuesday,
 was this year March 8th not in February as usual,
no no no .......... checked my lovely dodo diary
 and yes ! Fearne is correct, so if like me you can not wait,
here's my favourite recipe from Delia
 I had the "best holiday ever" this year in Greece,

As a light lunch or a large snack the children loved the
Pancakes served in many of the water front tavernas.


 and we enjoyed the pancakes so much that on my return
 to England still enjoying that wonderful post holiday glow,
 I rashly bought this pancake cooker, from John Lewis,
 its great the pancakes never stick success every time,
 how ever with this fool proof recipe from Delia
using the usual flour eggs and milk, you add melted
butter to the batter, you do not need to grease the pan
and they do not stick.

I use this wonderful retro Kenwood mixer which my Granny
gave me, but the recipe works just as well using a hand held whisk.
My children love fruit, today i used frozen raspberries,
cooked with a tiny (2 teaspoons of butter and the same of sugar)
or nutella in their pancakes as well as sugar and lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment